RBI keeps rates unchanged : Fed takes first step to reduce Stimulas : 19 Dec 2013

In a surprise move Mr. Rajan kept rates steady in spite of high inflation . He will rather wait for more data coming in next month before taking any decision . Inflation is still his top priority followed by growth to keep India on track . Then came the Fed decision to start curtailing easy money in the system which was not what analyst's thought . Nifty erased all those gains and closed in Red today . Nifty has still not broken the 6000 mark hence my strategy is to sell Calls at higher levels . Both my sell calls on Nifty and Bank Nifty are in the money and I will remain to hold till December Expiry . Short Term view on the markets is bearish and in case it breaks 6000 it can drift to 5800 mark fro Nifty . Bank Nifty was the biggest loser and may go to 10800 levels .
Fed announced a $10B reduction in its buying program from Jan 2014 . It means that there is a confidence growing in US economy and will pick up steam in 2014 . Dollar was marginally stronger after the release as traders have not taken it slightly . Fed also has made it clear that it will stop completely until they see a fall in unemployment rates below 6.6% . Equites surged higher near all time high . I am still short S&P[half position] and will exit my position close above 1815 on a daily close . There is no change in my Short $GpbUsd[half position] ,$NzdUsd , I am still clinging on to my buy $UsdChf position taken 2 weeks back which is still negative as of today . I have taken too much of exposure in currencies and I am looking to close some of my positions next week .
Statistics
No change in Sell Nifty Jan Series.
New trade in Sell Bank Nifty jan series
No change in long $UsdChf .
No change in half short $GbpUsd position.
No change in half short S&P .
New trade in short $NzdUsd .
Statistics
Will update tomorrow in the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crypto Currencies: Is it worth investing

S&P bullish : Nifty slides : RBI Policy Ahead

Markets Quiet , Awaiting APPLE product event